CHF supports community service organizations in India whose goals and objectives closely match one of CHF’s thematic areas.
WHAT WE FUND
The Chitrapur Heritage Foundation (CHF), funds programs in cultural preservation, education, healthcare, renewable energy, rural women’s empowerment and livelihood projects. CHF currently considers requests only for projects that fall within these focus areas.
Conditions For Grants:
The beneficiary organization must provide:
- Official receipt of the grant in the name of Chitrapur Heritage Foundation
- Progress reports, photographs, press cuttings, and video, or other such material for our records.
- Chitrapur Heritage Foundation’s name prominently displayed on any equipment sent by us.
- For Sponsor-A- Student scheme and cash grants, appropriate recognition, media publicity, and inclusion in annual reports.
- A copy of the beneficiary’s annual report.
- Audited financial statement of the beneficiary organization
- A copy of the Current and Valid Tax Exemption Certificate
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND:
Additionally: Chitrapur Heritage Foundation does not:
- Provide grants for budget line items labeled as “Operational Expenses,” “Endowments” or for individuals; and
- Fund Private Family Trust/Foundations, or political or religious activities.
We realize that seeking grant funding can be time consuming and even frustrating, but Chitrapur Heritage Foundation cannot fund every grant request. Reviewing proposals ties up valuable time resources, therefore, we urge every applicant to read CHF’s mission and vision carefully prior to applying for a grant.
In general, Chitrapur Heritage Foundation gives priority to applications from our core community trusts and foundations.
- The organization has to have existed for a minimum of one (1) year from the date of registration.
- The organization must be registered as a non-profit that implements social development projects in India, with no political affiliations.
- The organization's physical address must be verifiable.
- All registration documents such as 80G, FCRA, etc., must be available upon request.
- Organizations must have an Executive Board of Trustees that maintains budgets, annual activity reports, and audited financial statements. These must be available yearly upon request.
- The organization must fully comply with local and central government regulations and labor laws.
- The organization must have defined indicators that measure its performance against its stated objectives.
- Grant applicants must demonstrate the potential of continuing the funded work in a self-renewing manager after funding from Chitrapur Heritage Foundation ceases
Please email all request for grants to Grants@chfusa.org